Sunday, November 7, 2010

~dreaming~

Growing up I didn't have a lot. We were pretty broke most of my life and I was not showered with all the expensive clothes like every teenager demands. We never had fancy cars...or reliable cars for that matter! What I did have though was the most amazing family!

I was completely spoiled growing up! There never seemed to be a dull moment in our house...always something going on. I had two of the most loving supportive parents who demonstrated to me daily what it meant to be a great parent and what it meant to be married. I had two wonderful sisters to be complete enemies and best friends with.

Right now I long for that family. I was never the girl that grew up dreaming of being a princess and having some fairytale wedding. I still do not dream about that. What I do dream about though is a house filled with laughter and love. I long for the noise and chaos of a family.

I know that families come in all shapes and sizes. I realize that I have a family...more than most. It is my dream though that one day my home will be filled with the craziness of a larger family!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwahhhh, Robin - we love you!! You get it don't you. Yes we never had cars or money or lots of fancy flashy things, but we sure as hell had fun, right?? Those are the things that stick with you. I hope you instill that with your daughter as well. It won't matter if there is a "mom and dad" or just you, she will remember the good times as she grew up and you are giving her those right now.

    ReplyDelete

hello? hello? are you even listening to me? then say something...