Thursday, November 4, 2010

roommate

I have been considering hosting an intern from Academie Lafayette. I have been considering this since at least last June. I considered hosting a student for the school year but then talked myself out of it. I decided to just become a mentor family instead. Although I have enjoyed it...I still have this longing to host a student. Recently the school has said that they need host families for the second semester.

So there it is...the temptation to host a student all over again. I feel as though this may be the perfect opportunity because the student would only be with us for a semester plus they are familiar with KC and have friends already...less pressure to help them find their way and fit in.

Obviously, this decision would change our world completely. Right now I feel as though I need that change. Some days it is lonely here by myself and maybe a roommate is just what I need.

Opinions are very much welcome...but do know that I am trying really hard to make my own decisions these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello? hello? are you even listening to me? then say something...